Most people assume paralegal to be another name for lawyers. In reality, they are not lawyers but more like a legal assistant. Paralegal support services as the name suggests are paralegal services provided by legal process outsourcing companies to help and assist legal firms and individual attorneys with their case research, drafting, typing and other such similar jobs. Their legal as well as technical strengths allows them to act as a virtual assistant.
It is very important to avail the services of highly experienced and reliable legal support service providers as the lawyers may be held guilty for the mistakes or immoral actions made by the paralegal personnel. Let us discuss some of the top benefits of availing paralegal support services from an LPO:
- Hiring a full time in-house paralegal personnel or a legal associate is very expensive specially for non-legal companies or companies/organizations requiring paralegal help for irregular work or project basis.
- Legal process outsourcing companies provide paralegals which are proficient, trained, familiar and well experienced with various areas of law such as Bankruptcy cases, Corporate Law, Business Law, Collections, Personal Injures, Family Law, Intellectual Property, Immigration Law, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Foreclosures, etc.
- Expert and experienced paralegals provided by LPO’s are highly accurate and quick in their work as they are trained in various practice areas and have an extensive knowledge about the law, the legal system and how it works.
- By availing paralegal support services, solicitors can focus on their core work without worrying about tasks like drafting legal documents like letters and summons, etc. , proofreading legal documents, researching for case presentation, finding background information, summarizing depositions, organizing the records, etc.
- Laws firms and legal personnel are usually handling several cases/clients simultaneously and research work takes a major portion of their time. Hiring a paralegal from legal support service providers can save litigators a lot of time and efforts.
- Another vital advantage of hiring a paralegal is that they can be hired on an hourly basis, per project and for drafting and proofreading work on a per page basis also.
- Professional paralegals are very fast and efficient in their work. Legal outsourcing companies have in-house databases, latest tools and techniques as well as a pool of sources at the disposal of paralegal personnel so that the client’s work can be done in the fastest turn-around time.
- Most importantly availing specialized paralegal support services gives legal as well as non-legal firms and individuals time to invest on other core and productive areas.